Film is having a big comeback recently, every now and then I have people ask me what they need to buy if they want to develop black and white film at home. So here is a short video to show you what are the minimal tools and chemical you need if you want to develop B&W film at home.
1. Film Development Tank (e.g. Patterson Super System 4)
2. 1 x 500ml measuring cup and 1 x 30ml measuring cup for mixing chemcial (doesn’t have to be exact. can be slightly bigger)
3. 3 x 1000ml measuring cup for storing the mixed chemical
4. Beer bottle opener (for opening the 35mm film can)
5. Film Changing Bag (if you don’t have a room that can be made completely dark temporarily)
6. Thermometer that can measure down to 20 degree celcius / 68 degree Fahrenheit
7. Clothes peg (to hang and air dry your film after it was developed)
If you have any questions re film development, feel free to leave a message below and I’ll try to answer your questions.