Welcome to my camera reviews blog.
My name is Richard Wong and I’m a wedding and portrait photographer based in Auckland, New Zealand.I enjoy photography ever since I was a kid and I’m always fascinated by imaging technology. Even my Masters degree research was focused on on digital image processing topics.
Just like a lot of photographers, I’m very interested in the latest (and also some of the older) camera gears as well. I’ve been camera writing reviews for magazines like DPhoto, ProPhotographer or New Zealand Geographic for almost a decade, and I created this blog as well as my youtube channel as another place for me to review camera and some other tech gears.
I want my reviews to be fair and informative, and have a good balance between technical analysis and real life usage experience. I normally would use a product for at least two weeks before I start writing the review. But with the camera gear being so complicated and with so many features these days, even two weeks is not enough for me to go through and test every feature extensively.
Because of that, I would usually focused on areas and features I found most interesting or important, and sometimes random thoughts on related topics.
Some of my latest projects, awards and highlights:
- 2021 Ambassador for Synco Microphone
- 2018 “Iconic Futures” Photo Exhibition – Nikon 100th Anniversary Celebration Campaign
- 2017 “Auckland 2017” – Street Photography Photo exhibition. The first photography exhibition in New Zealand that was entirely shot on smartphone. Sponsored by Huawei
- 2013 Kodak Professional Gold Award – 2 x Gold Awards Winner
- 2011 Kodak Gold Awards – Wedding Bride/Groom category – Silver Merit Winner
If you want to contact Richard, please fill in the form below or contact me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhotoByRichard/